Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Com Truise

A kaleidoscope of cascading sound melts out of the speakers and crawls up my ear and worms its way into my brain. There are more images and colors than the simple sound can support, but somehow the electric rainbow is emitted and I absorb it. The snow white channel of the flickering channel dead on my televisionary perception loops over and over while a hissing voice adds the hooks. This is how I feel when I listen to Com Truise a synth heavy down tempo artist from New Jersey.
I feel like Com Truise has hit the vein while everyone else has been holding their maps wrong. It's the culmination of a modern age trapped in nostalgia and unhappy with the impending future. They ask not how can they survive the Future, but how can they get back what has been lost while retaining their new abilities. Com Truise's music is like Miami Vice with a head full of Acid. You're transported to a place in the past while being propelled into the future, its an odd step forward and I love it.
"I compute mid-fi synth-wave, slower-motion funk"- Com Truise

http://comtruise.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment