Monday, July 8, 2013

KRS-One: Never Forget

Honestly I can't express how much we really appreciate and enjoy the music and lyrics of KRS-One. Actually, this blog might not even exist if it weren't for KRS- without getting into too much details I was going to quit, but I didn't. So much like last year's BDP Album we are happy to hear anything new from The Teacha. A few songs from an unreleased album titled Never Forget feels like fresh air being let in a stale environment, Radio Rap I'm addressing you.

With only these five songs KRS-One rolls the rap dice and hits all the prime elements while staying very relevant. Take the lyric from They Are Taking Your Time for example "See back in the day to avoid gettin jerked we was told to go to college in case rap didn't work, Now today not to be so hurt you betta no how to rap in case your degree don't work!" The track titled Nina deals with putting down the steel which so many rappers don't talk about and It Appears is a perfect example The Blast Master entity with its thumping drums With every collection of songs KRS-One shames the flyest lyrics from whoever is the flavor of the month. I know there are a lot of KRS tracks that don't get released and I hope this makes its way on to Wax very soon. Shout Out to the Real Hip Hop Heads out there!

2 comments:

  1. hey yo Fleece, i'm the uploader of those tracks.
    I bought the album from KRS One - European tour 2013 celebrating 40 years of hip hop.I have upload 5 tracks out of 13 becase the album it's unreleased yet. peace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yo Shock Ink much respect for the upload! I wish heads in the US could get their hands on it. KRS isn't doing many shows out here right now so we'll have to wait and see how it turns out. Thanks again for sharing!

    ReplyDelete