Thursday, May 2, 2013

Chris Kelly 1978-2013


I was eleven when Jump was released in Feb 1992. I was in middle school and music was becoming important to me. Jump was a great party track that just featured kids like me, but it was so light hearted I felt it was corny and Kriss Kross was short lived in my book, but that's not to imply that Jump was totally crossed out since they had most of America jumping to their tune. Discovered by producer Jermaine Dupri they released three albums and Jump single was certified Double Platinum. Kriss Kross was such a big hit they went on to do lots of kid related Hip Hop projects like doing The Rugrats Rap which brought hip hop to a younger audience as well as influencing the mainstream Hip Hop to produce such child rappers like Little Vicious, Shyhiem AKA The Rugged Child and much later Lil Bow Wow. Kriss Kross recently got in February to perform at a So So Def anniversary show. On May 1st Chris Kelly AKA Mack Daddy was found unconscious in his Atlanta home and pronounced dead at a hospital soon after. Below is their second single, Warm It Up which is what true Emcees do.



No comments:

Post a Comment